The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Autumn Activities

Autumn+Activities

Autumn is around the corner here in Washington and tons of events and activities are taking place!

To welcome the upcoming season, residents and visitors are going places like the Washington State fair in Puyallup that lasts from the 1st-24th every day of the week not including Tuesdays. The fair hours are from 10:30am-9:30pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:30am-10:30pm, 9:30am:10:30pm on Saturday, and 10:30am-9:30pm on Sundays. The fair consists of rides food, music, and a variety of different fun activities to try.

In preparation for October and the Halloween season a small farm called Lattins Country Cider Mill and Farm is open and ready for visitors. At the farm they advertise and sell cider as well as many other festive foods and drinks.  Along with food there is a fun pumpkin patch to pick and choose from. There is fresh produce to choose from and a multitude of fresh baked goods. Animals are also common at Lattins, goats, sheep, and several other animals may be seen on your visit.

Next on the fall activity list is the Hopkins wine and cheese market taking place on October 14th. Live music will play as you explore the market through different food and drinks available around you.

Located a little farther out is Leavenworth where the annual Autumn leaf festival is taking place. The festival is a bustling event filled with tons of food and entertainment. Various food booths are open during the festival. The annual children’s parade takes place during the festival as well as the Grand parade that features the 2023 royal lady.

Of course, you can’t have fall events without including pumpkin patches/farms, here are some fun and family friendly patches and farms. (Not in any particular order)

1. Double R Farms (Puyallup)
  2. Lattins Country Cider mill and Farm (Olympia, WA)
  3. Snoqualmie Valley Pumkin patch (Snoqualmie/Fall city’s, WA)
  4. Bob’s Corn and Pumpkin farm (Snohomish, WA)
  5. The Pumkin Patch (Centralia, WA)
  6. Two brothers (Carnation, WA)

If you are in the mood for a festive place that is full of fun activities and things to do, then Remlinger farms may be just right. Remlinger farms consists of a cafe/restaurant, a small amusement park, petting zoo, live music, and more. The farm is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10:30am to 8:00pm. Don’t worry if you have a packed schedule this fall because the farm is open up to 6 months out of the year! This farm is a good place to take younger children for the day to entertain them and try some great food. Last but not least Remlinger also provides a “U-Pick” field where you can pick fresh raspberries, strawberries, and pumpkins.

If you adore sweet treats like chocolate, then a great place to visit is the Northwest chocolate festival up in Seattle. This festival takes place on the 7th and 8th of October and lasts from 9am to 5pm all weekend. Not only will you get to taste a bunch of different chocolate from a multitude of vendors, but you are also able to view the chocolate being made within the Kitchen. Dessert types can go anything from healthy chocolates to full chocolate desserts and bars. The festival is located on Alaskan way in Seattle.

Don’t forget to check out some of these events happening within the 2023 fall season!

View Comments (1)