The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Daisy Kent’s Iconic Walk-away

Season 28 of the bachelor

During season 28 of The Bachelor, Daisy Kent has shown us nothing but sweetness, even on the final moments of her time on the show. Breaking Bachelor history, the two finalists, Daisy Kent and Kelsea Anderson arrived at the proposal together, hand in hand. Daisy’s words left all of bachelor nation in shock, during the finale, as she is now an icon to many women around the world.

From a Minnestoa Christmas tree farm to the first one on one, Daisy Kent speaks about her troubles about her hearing, and having a cochlear implant, which made Bachelor Nation love her from the get-go. During her time on the show, she showed us how sweet and softspoken she is and that no one’s loves ice cream more than she does. no one. But in the end, she shows us just how powerful of a woman she is.

Daisy Kent and Kelsea Anderson had an amazing relationship throughout the show and were constantly uplifting each other even as they were the last two in the show, during the finale, Daisy went to Kelsea’s room and asks for validation that Kelsea is happy and that her relationship with bachelor Joey was as great as she had hoped just before making her final decision, that’s when they went to the final rose ceremony, also known as the proposal. Daisy knew that the connection she had with Joey, wasn’t as strong as the connection he had with Kelsea. During the finale, she states directly to Joey, “I first realized when we were at the last rose ceremony when Rachel left and it was me, you and Kelsey together,” Daisy explained. “And I just saw you two looks at each other and I was like, woah. For the first time I was like, I don’t think it’s me, and I just remember that and then I was kind trying to suppress my feelings and put it aside.” as well as “I remember feeling it shouldn’t feel like this, I shouldn’t feel this anxious,” she said. “Then there was a moment when we were throwing the stones in the fire and I was like, oh, he can’t like, he can’t picture past this with me. And I think, as gut wrenching as that was in the moment, I was kind of like, you know, I don’t think its me.”

At the proposal scene Daisy confidently walks up to Joey intercepting what he was about to say, and says, “Falling in love with you has been so fun, and I do love you,” Daisy says, choking up. “But the thing is, you’re not. I know you said you want the best for me,” Daisy adds. “So, I’m going to do what’s best for me and I’m gonna go.” As if we needed another tear to shed, daisy walks up to Kelsea whose mother passed of breast cancer, and says, “I know your mom’s going to be looking down on this moment. She’s going to be so happy.”

Not only does daisy show how confident and strong she is, but she also demonstrates to

“Falling in love with you has been so fun, and I do love you, but the thing is, you’re not going to choose me,”

— Daisy Kent

the world that you should always choose yourself first.