The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

The unique culture of Lakes HS

Lake’s high school is what I would say is very different and unique from the normal high school. Lake’s high school has a very diverse population. Walking into Lakes you’ll see White, Black, Asian, Islander, Hispanic and many others. Lakes is a high school next to the JBLM military base, having different families from all over the world or country coming to Washington being deployed here. Washington which holds the 3rd highest rate for the Islander community in the United States.  

In the school you won’t just see the diverse population of students but also staff. The French teacher Ms. Burke, science teacher Mr. Kent and math teacher Mr. Hong are all part of the Asian community. Mr. Brown, the vice principal, Mr. Freeman, help extra education students and Mr. Jones are all part of the Black community. Mr. Chavez Spanish teacher is part of the Hispanic community. Mr. Kamalu computer science, Mr. Sarte and Mr. Jasso campus security are all part of the API community.  

With all the different people at Lakes HS is very special. Students become friends and teachers get to know these students. The opportunity to learn from your friends that look at things differently and have different religions. Lake HS is always welcoming new cultures and new people to the school. You can see a lot of different students at lunch, sports and they have clubs for some of the cultures BSU, The black student union, The API club.