The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

What’s Lakes High School Favorite Team?

The Superbowl is now upon us, and the Chiefs beat the Ravens and the 49ers defeating the Lions to gain the chance to be playing in Las Vegas in Superbowl 58. But with only 2 teams being in the Superbowl, a lot of people’s favorite teams missed the or were eliminated in the playoffs. Lakes HS is a in Lakewood WA. Washington’s team is the Seattle Seahawks but with Lakes high school diversity with the military and people moving from other schools for sports or academics. So, I asked students and staff around the school about their team that they rep.  

I asked the students and staff around Lakes what their favorite teams around the league were, and why?  I went to talk to the coaches, the people that have known football the longest and the best. The first person I asked was the offensive line coach Hector. He said that his favorite was the 49ers because when he was younger his dad was an Oakland raiders fan before the Las Vegas raiders were in Vegas they shared California with the San Francisco 49ers. He wanted to make his father mad show he chose the state rival as his favorite team.  The rest of the coaches Kelcy, Miller, Sarte they all said the Seahawks because of they grew up in Washington and growing up that is just the team they watched while growing up.   I asked other people other than the football coaches like Mr. Brown, Coach Jones the basketball coach, and some students in the school.   Coach Jones and Mr. Brown both picked their favorite teams based on a player. Mr. Brown chose the Raven from Lamar Jackson. While coach Jones chose the Raider off Bo Jackson.   After asking the students and teachers in the school. I found out that most people chose their favorite team by where they grew up, family, and or their favorite team. With Lakes being a school with many military students, there are many students that grew up or were born not from Washington. The results I got from my question. The most popular teams were the Seattle Seahawks, Baltimore Ravens, and the San Francisco 49ers. 

View Comments (6)