The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Cupid and Psyche

Myths and legends
Reddit
Psyche revived by Cupid’s kiss

Cupid is the roman myth that emerged through the love between a god and a mortal. Cupid was the God of desire, attraction and affection such as his name meant. His name meant passionate desire. Cupid was the love child of messenger of the gods Mercury and the Goddess of love Venus. The story of Cupids’ arrows is true, in fact Cupid would shoot arrows at two beings and this would cause them to fall under a spell and fall in love.

As Cupids’ life continued, he fell in love with a princess known as Psyche, unfortunately for Cupid his mother Venus hated Psyche. In order for the two to end up together they must encounter many trials and obstacles. Cupid would visit Psyche by night and was unknown to Psyches sisters, they presumed him to be a hideous beast. To Cupids dismay Psyche reveals him to them and once they saw him, they were astonished, regardless of Cupids wings he was seen as beautiful and majestic. Cupid was angry with Psyche and abandons her because she revealed him, so he leaves her behind. Psyche was devastated and she wanders the world for him, eventually she gives in and falls under the work of Venus. Venus was not fond of Psyche, so she gives her a series of chores/quests and tortures her. The final task was to gain a hint of Proserpina’s beauty, this was a box from the underworld. Psyche thought if she were to open the box then she could benefit herself. Unfortunately, she falls into a deep sleep and couldn’t be awoken, almost as if she was dead. Cupid stumbled upon her in this state and chose to revive her, after Psyche is brought back to life and the two live on with each other.

View Comments (3)