The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Golden Globes 2024

Golden Globes 2024

The Golden Globes of 2024 took a turn from the start, with “comedian” Jo Koy, the media can’t stop talking about his opening unscripted monologue. Not only did he bash on many of the well-known guests with targeted words, but the performance is known to be his “reputation ruiner.” Koy’s worst joke of the night was in no doubt about the award-winning Barbie Movie, where the entire movie was made to acknowledge sexism, and the cameras caught the audiences blank stares as Jo Koy thought he cracked a joke, “Oppenheimer is based on a 721-page Pulitzer Prize-winning book about the Manhattan Project, and Barbie is on a plastic doll with big boobies,” he said. “The key moment in Barbie is when she goes from perfect beauty to bad breath, cellulite, and flat feet. Or what casting directors call character actor!” Instead of owning up to his bad joke, he immediately blamed the writers, even though it was clear he had gone off- script. His misogynistic quote is being passed all throughout social medias and Lauren Garafano stated on Twitter, “Barbie is based on a doll with big boobies” is an INSANE joke to make about a movie with a plot about how difficult it is to be a woman in a men’s world.” So, it was not only deserved but a power move when Billie Ellish’s hit song for the movie “What Was I Made For” won an award and many more.

View Comments (1)