The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

The Woman in Me

Memoir by Brittany Spears
brittany spears
brittany spears

Iconic 90’s to early 2000’s pop-star Brittany Spears is breaking out of her shell as she takes on the media with her new book, The Woman in Me. This hasn’t been done by her since #freebrittany a few years ago. According to sources online, Spears tells her side of the story since she was only 8 years old, telling tales of her home in the outskirts of Louisiana. She writes, “I signed my name with a heart. I liked looking cute. Why did everyone treat me, even when I was a teenager, like I was dangerous?” ‘Womanizer’ singer went from an abusive household to unhealthy relationship with the one and only Justin Timberlake and an ongoing battle with the media. That being said, fans are expected to be filled with fury once they get their hands on the book as her past can only be described as devastating. From shaving her head in public to finally being able to share custody of her children. Constantly struggling with her public image, it seemed like she could only be pretty or talented, never together. So, in her new book, she powerfully states, “It’s time for me not to be someone who other people want, it’s time to actually find myself.”

Source: Review: Britney Spears’ memoir is a Gothic horror story – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)