The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

The first month of Lakes

Ed Schipul

The first month of the 23/24 year of school year has ended.  On Wednesday August 30th, the school year officially started with the start of school and sports. Football, volleyball, water polo, girls’ soccer, cross country, and cheer. In the first month of the sport, the Lakes Lancers have gone strong, with the lady Lancer of the volleyball team losing 6-1 to Silas HS and the lancer football team 5-1 to Bonney Lake. The girls’ soccer team also with the record of 4-4-2 with their most recent blowout win 3/0 against North Thurston. The cross-country team has had 6 meets and 3 invitationals and the boys are undefeated in league competitions. But with school there not just sports in this last month we had a spirit week and homecoming. But how is this year any different from last year? I also interviewed a couple of students to ask what they think about it.  I asked the sophomore Addy Runyan about her thoughts about what is different about her year than last year. ” There is a different admin than last year, and the school is a lot stricter, and they are more focused on keeping students in class this year.” – Adalynn Runyan. I also asked the hallway security and old student and football coach Hector what he thought about the school from last year. ” The school is much more coherent than last year, and they work together a lot more than last year the students, admin, and the teachers.” – Hector. The last person I asked is the sophomore J’dyn Santos. ” This year has a lot of new faces, and we lost a lot of the faces we got used to the environment is very different.” With the first month of this school year there are still eight more and the next thing coming up is winter break. Have a good year, Lancers!