The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Yearbooks Throughout the Decades!

Yearbooks Throughout the Decades!

Throughout the years, Lakes High school celebrates their students by making a yearbook. We took yearbooks snippets from the years of 2024, 2014, 2004,1994 and noticed many differences between them. While looking through these old yearbooks, you can’t help but feel a major sense of nostalgia. In the 1994 yearbook it is mostly in black and white and doesn’t have a theme; this seems to be how yearbooks looked up until after 2014. another thing we noticed is that unlike current yearbooks, they didn’t have themes. For example, the 2024 yearbooks theme is Spotify and apple music but there seemed to be no themes for yearbooks until after the year 2020. Another difference we saw was the student life section of the yearbook. What we saw is that the content that was put in this section was less censored than what is put in the student life section currently. There was one thing in particular that we noticed between the year books that were pretty similar, they all have a sports section going over all their seasons that year as well as pictures of everyone sorted by grade and alphabetical order, they also usually include some sort of student life section. No matter the year these books hold the memories we made and cherish and can continue to remember these four special years of their life.