The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Earth Day

Pollution and Care for the Environment
Vecteezy
Earth Day Illustration

On April 22nd of 1970 earth day was founded due to a large number of people banding together to recognize the issues with our environment and how we are at fault for not caring about pollution or the disregard for other problems. Now Earth Day is used to highlight our conserving of the environment and our work to sustain it as a whole.

Earth day is a symbol of environmental improvement and care. Earth Day was established back in 1970 to further educate those about the environment and how we can work to save and keep it healthy. During Earth Day we spend a lot of time focusing on the large global pollution issues as well as how it can be an issue in the future if we do not deal with it in the present. Plastic pollution does not just end up as litter on the side of the road, it endangers wildlife, ends up in the ocean, and even works its way to the human body. These issues are often overlooked or seen as less of an issue in daily life but when it comes to reality, we endanger the organisms around us as well as ourselves when we are careless to environmental pollution or the mass amounts of garbage/waste that is produced.

It is insanely important to care for your environment because it is where you live and where the future generations on this planet will evolve and grow around. Paying more attention about what you recycle or what harmful chemicals you are using is very important, so we decrease the negative affects we give back to the earth. There are hundreds of ways you can work to preserve and save the environment, even the smallest change can cause a large change and can positively affect the future.