The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Physical Education Staff.

Physical Education Staff.

Physical education teachers play a vital role in promoting physical fitness and helping student develop physical skills they show us the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship. 

PE Teachers of lakes  

Ms. Rickert

Ms. Rickert has been part of Lakes for 9 years; she oversees teaching Yoga and freshman PE, recently Ms. Rickert got certified as a Yoga instructor which took her about 7 months, some of her favorite hobbies are mountain biking, camping, hiking and reading, her favorite book is Ahab’s wife by Se Sena Jeter Naslund. One of her pet peeves is distracted drivers, If Ms. Rickert were to teach a different subject it would be related to the human body or sports med, before coming to lakes she was a health educator for years.  

Can you describe a memorable event or lesson from your PE teaching career? “Seeing the growth students go through, by the teaching you do and seeing how comfortable they get as they progress.”  

Mr. Jensen

Mr. Jensen has been part of Lakes for 17 years, he teaches freshman PE, walking fitness, swim and dive, some of Mr. Jensen’s hobbies are watching sports and playing golf his favorite part about golf is how challenging and how unpredictable it can be “somedays are good and the others not so much”, one of he’s pet peeves is people not being on time, If Mr. Jensen were to teach a different class it would be choir.  

Can you describe a memorable event or lesson from your PE teaching career? “Running into former students and seeing how well they’ve done and seeing the things they accomplished”

Mr. Shrader

Mr. Shrader has been part of Lakes for 9 years, he teaches weight training, walking fitness and freshman PE, he likes to play golf, and trying out new restaurants, but overall, he likes to hang out with his family, one of his pet peeves is when people don’t want to do the easiest things, Mr. Shrader would not like to teach any other subject just PE.  

Can you describe a memorable event or lesson from your PE teaching career? “Just when kids are having fun, and you see how much they change from when the class was introduced to the end.”