The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Our New Principal at Lakes High School!

Welcome Mr. Kurtz!
Mr. Kurtz, Lakes principal

Mr. Kurtz is Lakes’ new principal, and he couldn’t help but become a favorite to the staff and students. Mr. Kurtz started as a substitute teacher in the year 1996, hired at Clover Park High School from the early years of 2001 through 2011 teaching math and as a football coach. He joined the Lakes team in 2007, as a Lakes Lancers football coach! 

Mr. Kurtz has 2 Bassett hounds, named Earl and Ruby. On top of the puppies, he also has 3 cats and 4 goats! He grew up in Montana and went to PLU for college and played college football, and his favorite candy is Reece’s peanut butter cups! 

While visiting Mr. Kurtz we asked him what he would like to say to the Lancer family and he responded with,  

“Lakes is a great school, academically with our AP Art all the way to our JROTC program. Our programs are very strong and it’s very important to me because I feel the need to make students understand how great lakes is, although we tend to think negatively about it as students. I get excited to wake up every morning to come to school every day to say hi to the kids when they get here, which is the highest part of my day”.

Welcome back to Lakes, Mr. Kurtz! 

View Comments (5)