All About Ms. Farrington

English+Teacher

English Teacher

Brookelle Barnes and Rieley Peak

Ms. Farrington is one of our English teachers and has been at Lakes High School since 2003. She has shown great interest in helping her students succeed into the future life they want, and stressing the importance of English courses in our day-to-day lives. We wrote this article to show another side of Ms. Farrington outside of the school environment by asking her questions about her life, interests, background, and feelings towards her job.

Ms. Farrington’s life: 

Ms. Farrington was born after WW2 in Japan on the American military base. When she moved to Washington, she attended Clover Park High School where she took and enjoyed choir. After High School, Ms. Farrington went to the University of Washington to get her English Degree and a minor in Journalism, which she then used to teach in the English department at WSU. Many years later she went back to school in Pullman to get her masters degree in English. Ms. Farrington started working at Lakes in 2003 and has been here ever since. She says her first 4-5 years were rough here, but she’s grown to like her job.

What’s most important to you?:

Ms. Farrington expresses the importance of her family, friends, and dogs (whippets). She also enjoys “being a productive member of society and helping her students have a happy and successful life.”

Hobbies and Interests:

Ms Farrington enjoys photography, going to the beach and watching her dogs run, being around her horses, spending time with her niece, reading, and day trips. She also took choir in high school, which she also enjoyed.

Her message to you:

Ms. Farrington adores all her students, and wants to express the importance of her English classes. Saying, “Make sure you know what you want to do with your life. We are all here to help you and empower your life. Having communication skills are important, being able to express yourself, read, write, etc are all great skills to have. It’s about you and what you want to do with your life.”