Welcome Back!

Layni Newville, Journalism

We’re Back!

Welcome back to school lancers! This year is going to be a great one!! While we are all still adjusting back to in-person school, with ASB and staff working together it is going to be a breezy adjustment. This year we are completely back in person with all clubs, sports, and other amazing opportunities. Don’t know about them? Well they’re listed here!

FOOTBALL GAMES!

These are a blast! This is easily a school wide favorite activity. Our amazing ASB team organizes student section theme. You come decked out to support our lakes lancers varsity football! There’s even more than football! Through the whole game you have the awesome lakes cheerleaders performing, hyping up the crowd with fun cheers and rallies! You also have the lakes band playing throughout the game, they perform our famous lakes fight song! At halftime, you see the fabulous lakes dance team perform their welcome back routine with huge smiles on their faces! Wow! That’s lots of talents to see in one event. And it’s only $6 without ASB and free with ASB!!! Want to know more about themes, performances, and dates? Visit our lancer football page, (INSERT LINK).

CLUBS

Boy, do we have clubs! Clubs are a great way to make new friends, find new hobbies, fill time, gain experience, and any other reason you can think of. Here at Lakes we have deca, anime club, BSU club, PAI club, GSA club, Key Club, creative writing club, and more. We have almost any club you could think of, if we don’t have it. Look into making it yourself, all you need is a staff member to supervise! To see a list of all the clubs and when they meet go to the front office.

ASSEMBLIES

Although they don’t happen too often, assemblies are a great way to get hyped up in school spirit! The welcome back assembly was definitely one for the books, performances, competitions, skits, and more! Our amazing ASB plans them an brings them to a whole other level of school spirit! Even the cool kids participate.

SPORTING EVENTS

Here at Lakes we have so many sports to offer. It’s fall sports season! Any sports event is a great way to

not only have fun but support your fellow lancers! This season you can support football, boys’ and girls’

cross country team, girls’ volleyball, boys’ water polo, girls’ swim and dive, and girls’ soccer! To get

sports schedules, ways to join these sports, and entrance tickets for some events visit Mrs. Yearsley in

student accounts.

FRESHMAN

Welcome freshman!! Everyone at Lakes is so excited to have you. Lakes does our very best to make sure everyone is comfortable and welcomed. We have awesome resources to help you guys adjust!! We have amazing mentors you guys will meet with one or twice a month, your advisor, and our awesome counselors! Visit the guidance office to find out who your counselor is, or ask your advisor! We want you to have the best year here at Lakes! A good way to get involved, make friends, and try new things is to join our amazing MANY clubs and sports here at Lakes. We also are holding elections for freshman ASB leadership positions, if you are interested find out more information from Mrs. Yearsley in the attendance office, or Mrs. Harrell in her room P220!!

We hold these events to help get everyone involved. Show some school spirit by attending these fun

events! We hope you have a great year Lancers, for more questions about anything else around school

visit the main office. Once a Lancer, always a Lancer!!