Upcoming Events in Lakewood

Lakewood+concert

Trinity P. Haynes, Journalist

Youth Summit  

When: May 21, 2022, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 

Where: City Hall

What is it: Students of Lakewood get to come together and discuss their community. They also get to learn how to manage stress, prepare for a Carrer, etc. The goal is for students to leave feeling motivated and good members of Lakewood community. This is hosted by the Youth Council, compromised of local students with an interest in leadership.  

UPDATE: The event is now open to 7th & 8th graders. Students in grades 7-12 are invited. 

Free lunch • Hands-on art • Raffle prizes • Sports activities • Video game truck • Music by DJ SHAMWOW 

Farmers Markets make their way back to Lakewood 

[Here’s all farmers markets that will be at Lakewood’s Fort Steilacoom Park] 

June 7th, June 14th, June 21st, June 28,  

July 5th, July 12, July 19, July 29,  

August 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd.and 30th. 

Youth Fishing Event 

When: May 14, 2022 

Where: American lake park 

What is it: kids get the opportunity to get out and learn. Participants must register in advance. Each kid will be given their own pole to keep and will enjoy a 1-hour teaching session. A netted area near the American Lake Park docks will be stocked with fish by the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife. Children 4-15 get a free day, if you register. Registration information: https://apm.activecommunities.com/lakewoodparksandrec/Activity_Search/4815 

Saturday Street Festivals: Dancing in the Streets 

When: May 21, 2022 

Where: colonial plaza  

What is it: These festivals will be held on several summer Saturdays from 4:00 to 8:30 p.m. at 6114 Motor Avenue SW.  

“Lakewood’s Colonial Plaza on Motor Avenue will host an exciting series of summer events in 2022. Our Saturday Street Festivals will feature music, dancing, culture, cars, and delightful foods.” says the city of Lakewood. This event has dancers that can teach you popular dances. Or just let loose, have some food and drinks, and listen to music. 

Paddle, row, and canoeing day 

When: June 4th, 2022. 11am to 2pm 

Where: Harry Todd Park (American lake)  

What is it: kids and families are invited to join in on water activities, education, fun, and activities out on the water.  

Saturday street festival: carnival of cultures 

When: June 18, 2022 

Where: colonial plaza  

Saturday, June 18, 2022
4:00 to 8:30 p.m.
6114 Motor Avenue SW, Lakewood 

What is it: there is not much information posted about this activity yet, but what we are expecting is for people to show up and represent all their various cultures. With food and history and outfits.  

Summer Nights at the Pavilion Concerts 

At Steilacoom Park. Set up lawn chairs or bring blankets for family friendly live concerts! outdoor concerts follow the Lakewood Farmers Markets on Tuesdays this summer. Bring a snack from the market, claim your spot, enjoy a great performance. 

June 28: Afrodisiacs (disco/funk) 
July 12: Herding Cats (classic rock) 
July 19: Olsen Brothers (country/rock) 
July 26: Candy Shoppe (60s, 70s, 80s hits) 
Aug. 9: Good Co. Swing (swing) 
Aug. 16: Paperback Writer (Beatles cover) 

drone photo of farmers markets