The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

Should I join JROTC?

Have you ever thought about joining JROTC? If not, you might be missing an incredible opportunity to develop important life skills and become a better version of yourself. JROTC, which stands for Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps, is a program designed to help young people become leaders, build character, and prepare for success in both military and civilian life. 

One of the best things about JROTC is that it is open to all high school students at Lakes, regardless of whether they plan to pursue a military career. By joining JROTC, you can learn valuable skills like leadership, discipline, and time management. These skills are important for success in the military and in any future career you choose to pursue. 

In JROTC, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting activ

ities like drill competitions, physical fitness challenges, and community service projects. These experiences will help you build confidence, develop a strong work ethic, and make a positive impact in your community.

Another great reason to join JROTC is the chance to develop strong relationships with other cadets. You will work closely with other students who share your passion for leadership and personal growth. Also, the instructors in JROTC at Lakes are experienced leaders dedicated to helping you reach your full potential. 

Moreover, being part of this program can open doors to scholarships, leadership opportunities, and valuable experiences that will set you apart from your peers. Whether you aspire to attend college, pursue a career in the military, or excel in the workforce, the skills you gain in JROTC will give you a head start in achieving your goals. 

So, why should you join JROTC? The answer is simple: JROTC offers a unique opportunity to become a better leader, develop essential life skills, and create a path to success in whatever you choose to do. If you are ready to unlock your potential and make a positive impact in your life and the lives of others, then JROTC might be the perfect fit for you. Join us and embark on a journey of self-discovery, growth, and endless possibilities. 

JROTC it’s a great program that gives a lot of opportunities, teaches you about leadership and makes you a better citizen.

— MaBelle Samuels