The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

JROTC Regionals

The Lancers from our JROTC program achieved remarkable success at the recent NW Drill and Rifle Conference Championships held in Oregon City. This year, the Lancers took the largest number of cadets to the Championships in recent memory, and their hard work and dedication paid off.

In a competition that included 35 JROTC programs, the Lancers stood out and excelled in every category they participated in. The Cadets’ achievements were truly outstanding and worth celebrating.

Exhibition Drill Champions: The cadets’ Dual Armed Exhibition Drill Team leaders, Jacob Malo and Timothy Moser, secured the Conference Championship and 1st Place Medals. Amara McCorkle and Branasia Chinn also shone by capturing the Division Championships and claiming 1st Place in the Dual UnArmed Exhibition Drill competition. Additionally, Cadet Jordyn Parson impressed the judges and secured 2nd Place in the Individual Armed Exhibition Drill. Their performances were simply outstanding.

Armed Drill Team: Despite the difficulty of training and preparing for this category, the Lancers’ Armed Drill Team achieved a commendable 5th place at their first trip to the championships in over eight years. Armed Drill Team Commander Timothy Moser also demonstrated exceptional leadership, placing 6th among the top drill competition leaders. Richard Auvea, a member of the drill team, earned the 3rd Place medal for his demonstration of Individual Armed Regulation Drill perfection.

Color Guard: In the Varsity Color Guard category, the Lancers’ CG1 Team, led by Branasia Chinn, Thania Darby, Timothy Moser, and Jacob Malo, secured 6th Place. Branasia Chinn, as the Color Guard Team Commander, also earned the 5th Place medal for her outstanding performance.

Precision Rifle: The Precision Rifle Team, including Robert Dryden, Noah Brogan, Jordan West, and Team Captain Eryn McAvoy, achieved 3rd Place. Team Co-Captain Jordan West also shone individually, securing the 4th Place medal among all Precision Shooters at the meet.

Physical Fitness Team: The Physical Strength Team One, including cadets Wyatt Blanchard, Jackson Lord, Gavin Thiessen, Ava Santiago, and Team Captain Elira Blanchard, took 5th Place in a highly competitive field of the region’s top 12 teams and most fit athletes. Their performance was truly commendable.

The Lancers’ success at the NW Drill and Rifle Conference Championships is a testament to their hard work, dedication, and exceptional teamwork. Congratulations to all the cadets and team leaders for their outstanding achievements. We are proud of their accomplishments and look forward to more success in the future.