The Ledger

Breaking News

The Ledger

The Ledger

DECA state

Last Thursday, February 29th, those students who participated in DECA and placed, went to Bellevue to participate in the next phase (state). The first day they left Lakes and headed to Selden’s, where they learned about the company and things they could include in their competition. The students had a great time at Selden’s. Then for lunch they went to IKEA and after lunch they went to the hotel.

After settling in and dropping off their luggage, all the DECA state participants, totaling around 4500 students, gathered for a special assembly. During this emotional moment, Mr. Wilson, an esteemed advisor, was honored with the well-deserved title of “Advisor of the Year.” The surprise was made even more heartwarming as Mr. Wilson’s mother and other family members joined in to express their support. Congratulations were extended to Mr. Wilson for his remarkable achievement and dedication to the DECA program.

The next day marked the beginning of the competitions. The students showcased their skills and knowledge as they vied for success in their respective categories. After a day of fierce competition, it was time to unwind and celebrate. The students enjoyed a memorable dinner at a pizza restaurant. Additionally, they took the opportunity to celebrate the birthdays of Chase and Ethan.

Finally, after an eventful stay in Bellevue, the students bid farewell and embarked on their journey back home. It was a rewarding and memorable experience for all, filled with valuable lessons, camaraderie, and personal achievements.

View Comments (1)